- February 7th, 2021
- Support for Arnold 22.214.171.124
Note: The live updating of the imagers does not work yet. If any imager's parameters are changed, a re-render is required (only applies to bidirectional version). I'm still looking into this.
- December 31st, 2020
focal_length parameter nameclash, resolving the issue where you couldn't change Maya's focal length when lentil is loaded.
- Speedup of bidirectional polynomial optics model, since now a thinlens approximation for the sample count calculations (instead of a raytraced bounding box) is used. This has an additional benefit that sample counts now match between polynomial optics and thinlens models. It should also better estimate the sample count around the edges of the image, which previously was an issue.
- Changed luminance-based redistribution mode to equal rgb weight mode. This should allow more consistent redistribution for different colors, since they all have the same probabilities.
- If no cryptomatte aov shader is detected, lentil automatically disables the crypto components.
- More user-control over which portions of the image get redistributed, through a
FLOAT AOV called
lentil_ignore. Anything with a value in this AOV will be ignored.
- Increased compatiblity, to fit with the CY2021 VFX platform reference (only important for linux users).
- November 25th, 2020
- Initial Cryptomatte support
- limited to the default cryptomatte AOVs for now (object, material, asset, hardcoded to rank 6, using a gaussian filter of size 2.0 (forced to same as lentil))
- Enabling cryptomatte is not cheap. Make sure to only enable (using the
cryptomatte parameter on the camera shader) when you actually want to render the crypto aov's. The recommendation is to not leave it on during IPR sessions.
- Had to patch the default cryptomatte library, so make sure to replace the
cryptomatte.(dll/so/dylib) in your arnold installation. The only difference to the default cryptomatte library is a little diversion to hook up a
lentil_filter instead of a
- Changed the
focus_distance parameter name to
focus_dist. This avoides a parameter nameclash with the default arnold camera, leading to unexpected behaviour of this parameter.
- Fixed a significant memory leak.
- Increased stability during release of resources after the render has completed.
- November 15th, 2020
- Overall stability improvements, especially noticeable in c4dtoa.
- Merged the polynomial optics/thin lens models into a singular shader, this should make switching between them smoother.
There is still an issue in mtoa - during IPR changes sometimes the operator isn't triggered, resulting in the bidirectional component not running. I'm still looking into this.
- November 12th, 2020
- Fixed bug where HDRI's appeared stretched when unit parameter was not set to CM (thinlens only).
- Added missingabberation_distortion parameter in c4dtoa.
- Removed the lentil_debug_operator node. The same functionality can now be found through a checkbox in the camera parameters.
- Fixed optical vignetting artefacts, especially noticable when rendering with an HDRI.
- Merged all binaries/metadata files
- Removed TL/PO suffix from all parameter names. In Mtoa, this means that the settings transfer when switching between lentil/lentil_thinlens.
- November 11th, 2020
Small bugfix release, but important for the KtoA crowd.
- Adding graceful handling of similarly named AOVs for different drivers (e.g 2x RGBA, etc)
This seems especially important in KtoA because it by default uses a "primary" aov (RGBA) as well as any other AOVs defined. Make sure to switch to your user-defined AOV to see the redistributed effect.
- November 10th, 2020
- AOVs now get redistributed in mtoa/c4dtoa (you can ignore the warning: could not set STRING parameter "layer_selection")
- AOVs now show the unredistributed version, instead of being black before the redistribution imager runs
- KtoA interface files
- AI_TYPE_UINT, AI_TYPE_POINTER aov support
- Removed the "ai" prefixes from mtoa parameters & node names (watch out, you will need to re-set any parameter values)
- November 3rd, 2020
- Initial release of Lentil. Expect more coming soon 🤘